jason-t

I have a W2 with nothing in any box except for box 14 where I have a ministers housing allowance. Turbo Tax isn't able to file a W2 with zero in box 1 so...

Does the IRS still receive the W2, and as such, does that mean I am required to file it even though it only has info in box 14? I still claim it as self employment for social security, will I get flagged if I don't put the W2 info in turbo tax?

DianeW

No, you will not be flagged for that purpose.  You may want to use $1 in the wage box for ease of the entry process.

As long as you make sure you are including the housing allowance for self employment tax.  

View the image attached to see the follow-up screens for the W2.

DianeW

jason-t

Thanks TurboTaxDianeW. I have done the clergy housing before, but I've always had additional wages.
DianeW

You're welcome!

The other way to enter a housing allowance when you have no wages is to set up a schedule C for self employment and use business code 813000.  Instructions are available if you would rather do that.