• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CLR422

I have a securities account I contribute to for my son. He is under 18 and I am the custodian. Do I file on my return and if so, how do I indicate that the recipient ID is his?

custodian ugma accounts
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
RichardK

I have a securities account I contribute to for my son. He is under 18 and I am the custodian. Do I file on my return and if so, how do I indicate that the recipient ID is his?

If your sons income meet certain tests you can include your sons income on your return using Form 8614, if your sons income does not these tests, your son must file a tax return, click here for the IRS page Tax on a Child's Investment and Other Unearned Income (Kiddie Tax).

View solution in original post

1 Reply
RichardK

If your sons income meet certain tests you can include your sons income on your return using Form 8614, if your sons income does not these tests, your son must file a tax return, click here for the IRS page Tax on a Child's Investment and Other Unearned Income (Kiddie Tax).

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v