turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jmdersch

I have a rolllover from prudential to ameriprise where do i list it if i have too.

i have a 5498 form from ameriprise and a 1099r from prudential so how do i enter this or do i even have to.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DexterS

I have a rolllover from prudential to ameriprise where do i list it if i have too.

If you did a direct rollover, where the money went directly from one custodian to another your 1099-R should have a distribution code in Box 7 of "G", just enter it in TurboTax as follows:

• Federal Taxes >> Wages & Income >> Scroll Down to >> Retirement Plans and Social Security
  • IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R) >> Select >> Start/Update
  • Follow through the screens answering the questions as presented.

If the distribution was payable to you and you rolled the money over to another qualified account within 60 days you will have a different distribution code.

In that case you follow the same procedure, but you will be presented with a screen that asked -  what you did with the money?  On that screen you will indicate that you "moved the money to another retirement account".  Then complete the screens that follow.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DexterS

If you did a direct rollover, where the money went directly from one custodian to another your 1099-R should have a distribution code in Box 7 of "G", just enter it in TurboTax as follows:

• Federal Taxes >> Wages & Income >> Scroll Down to >> Retirement Plans and Social Security
  • IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R) >> Select >> Start/Update
  • Follow through the screens answering the questions as presented.

If the distribution was payable to you and you rolled the money over to another qualified account within 60 days you will have a different distribution code.

In that case you follow the same procedure, but you will be presented with a screen that asked -  what you did with the money?  On that screen you will indicate that you "moved the money to another retirement account".  Then complete the screens that follow.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies