turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

brumath8

I have a question about the estimated tax payments I made in 2018 which total 2987.00. Don't these payments apply to 2018 tax liabilities?

I was advised by Turbo Tax when filing my 2018 taxes, which had a amount due that I paid when I filed, that these estimated taxes for 2018 would be due.  I paid them quarterly but it doesn't they are applied to my 2018 tax liabilities.  Why not?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Rachel_W
Expert Alumni

I have a question about the estimated tax payments I made in 2018 which total 2987.00. Don't these payments apply to 2018 tax liabilities?

Yes, the estimated tax payments you made in 2018 should apply to your 2018 Tax Liability.

Please follow these instructions to enter your Estimated Taxes Paid (If you haven't done so already.):

• Login to your TurboTax Account
  • Click "Take Me To My Return"
  • Click "Search" in the upper right corner, then type "Estimates Paid" in the Search Box.  
  • When the results populate, click the "Jump to Link
  • From here you can enter any Federal, State, or Local Estimated Tax Payments you made for 2018

Please comment below if you have further questions regarding your estimated tax payments.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Rachel_W
Expert Alumni

Yes, the estimated tax payments you made in 2018 should apply to your 2018 Tax Liability.

Please follow these instructions to enter your Estimated Taxes Paid (If you haven't done so already.):

• Login to your TurboTax Account
  • Click "Take Me To My Return"
  • Click "Search" in the upper right corner, then type "Estimates Paid" in the Search Box.  
  • When the results populate, click the "Jump to Link
  • From here you can enter any Federal, State, or Local Estimated Tax Payments you made for 2018

Please comment below if you have further questions regarding your estimated tax payments.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies