Solved: I have a question about occupation section in the ...

I have a question about occupation section in the person info when filing 2018 tax?

hey guys, I'm trying to file tax for 2018 and in the personal information section it's asking for my occupation. I've worked part time job until 2018 but quit on may and have been unemployed since. So what should I type in the occupation section? Is it talking about my job position in 2018? But I've quit after like 5 month so what do I do with this?  

You can enter anything you'd like. The IRS just uses that information for statistical purposes, so if you want to put the job that you had in 2018 as your occupation, that's fine. You could even put "unemployed," and that would be fine too.

thank you for the help, i'll type in unemployed.

Great, that will work!