Solved: I have a pretty long name and a two part last name. Turbo tax allows me to enter only 20 of my 32 character last name. Will this be an issue?

namratha-dl

I have a pretty long name and a two part last name. Turbo tax allows me to enter only 20 of my 32 character last name. Will this be an issue?

JohnW15

No, it won't be an issue. Just remove the final characters of your last name until it fits the acceptable format. 

It's alright if not all of the characters in your last name aren't included, since the IRS only uses the first few characters of the last name to match up with your SSN, verifying your identity.

JohnW15