turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

emsantana

I have a penalty for underpayment of Estimated Tax of $8. i cant find a voucher to send my payment. is there documents that i need to send with my payment?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have a penalty for underpayment of Estimated Tax of $8. i cant find a voucher to send my payment. is there documents that i need to send with my payment?

The payment would be added to your tax bill or subtracted from your refund automatically, there is no separate voucher.

But, for that small amount, I would go back and review the penalty again only click "Skip" and don't let Turbotax add it to your return.   Tax prep software estimates of penalties can be high or low because the IRS figures them differently. Let the IRS bill you if they really want to for that small amount. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

The payment would be added to your tax bill or subtracted from your refund automatically, there is no separate voucher.

But, for that small amount, I would go back and review the penalty again only click "Skip" and don't let Turbotax add it to your return.   Tax prep software estimates of penalties can be high or low because the IRS figures them differently. Let the IRS bill you if they really want to for that small amount. 

Cool Thanks
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies