Solved: I have a negative number under box 14. I checked with the employer, and the number is correct. Turbotax will not allow me to input a negative number. What do I do?

b-s-middlebrook

I have a negative number under box 14. I checked with the employer, and the number is correct. Turbotax will not allow me to input a negative number. What do I do?

w2 box 14, negative number.

DDollar

Box 14 on  W-2s is for "information".  That information does not flow to other parts of the tax return; although sometimes the information is needed to be entered elsewhere in the tax return.  If it won't let you enter a negative, enter it as a positive or leave it blank.

DDollar