Solved: I have a negative number under box 14. I checked with the employer, and the number is correct. Turbotax will not allow me to input a negative number. What do I do?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
b-s-middlebrook

I have a negative number under box 14. I checked with the employer, and the number is correct. Turbotax will not allow me to input a negative number. What do I do?

w2 box 14, negative number.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DDollar

I have a negative number under box 14. I checked with the employer, and the number is correct. Turbotax will not allow me to input a negative number. What do I do?

Box 14 on  W-2s is for "information".  That information does not flow to other parts of the tax return; although sometimes the information is needed to be entered elsewhere in the tax return.  If it won't let you enter a negative, enter it as a positive or leave it blank.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DDollar

Box 14 on  W-2s is for "information".  That information does not flow to other parts of the tax return; although sometimes the information is needed to be entered elsewhere in the tax return.  If it won't let you enter a negative, enter it as a positive or leave it blank.

View solution in original post

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings