mustangmjb

I have a Form 1095-B for my health coverage. What do I do?

JohnR1

You do not have to file Form 1095-B with the IRS - there is no filing requirement for this particular form - just retain it for your records.

Please note that not all 1095 tax forms get reported to the IRS:

• Only the 1095-A gets entered into TurboTax in the Health Insurance section
  • If you receive a Form 1095-B, entitled “Health Coverage”, the IRS does not need any details from this form, you can just retain for your records any 1095-B forms received from your health insurance company or government agency that sponsors your plan
  • If you have a 1095-C, a form entitled “Employer Provided Health insurance Offer and Coverage”, the IRS does not need any details from this form either.  You can keep any 1095-C forms which you receive from your employer, for your records.

JohnR1

mustangmjb

Thanks. This should be an option to choose from within the site
kuzbarinour

I agree