younglady12345

I have a ecn#where do I put it on my fed return?

JohnC11

If you have an ECN and you did not have health insurance for all or part of 2016, here's how to enter it.

- When asked, Did you have health insurance coverage in 2016?, select either the second or third option, depending on your 2016 situation, and Continue.

- If you had insurance part of the year, select the months you had insurance for and Continue.

- On the Did you have a situation that waives the tax penalty for being uninsured? screen, scroll down to Applied for a penalty exemption, and select Got an exemption certificate number from the Marketplace and Continue.

- On the Let's get your exemption certificate number (ECN) screen, select or enter the requested information and Continue.

- We'll submit this info with your tax return and the tax penalty will be waived for all months and people the ECNs apply to.

If this helped you, please up-vote this answer so I know you were taken care of 100%. If we need to work together further to get it resolved, please comment...we'll get it taken care of together.

I'm here to help.