I have a $30 penalty/interest charge on my federal tax return. What is this for? I paid my taxes on time.

It might be an underpayment penalty. That happens when you do not pay enough taxes throughout the year. If this doesn't sounds right, please let me know.

The State or Fed should initiate a charge for it; NOT Turbotax!!!

TurboTax is not employed by the state or federal government (so far as I know) so it is hardly appropriate for them to obligate a late fee penalty payment for a return filed before the deadline.