nst722

I have a 1099 misc listing me as the payor and the company I work for as the recipient. Instructions from my employer state I should report the income on line 21

line 21 is other income. Then I am to reflect the nomineeing out of the income to my employer as a deduction on the same line with a result of zero. I have no idea where to enter this info on my return. Please help

DawnC0

You can enter 2 line items under ''Miscellaneous Income''.  To get here, sign in and click ''Take Me To My Return'' if not already in your return.  Click:

• Federal Taxes >>
  • Wages & Income >>
  • Less Common Income >>
  • Miscellaneous Income (last item) >>
  • Other Reportable Income (last item)

Add ''income received'' as the description with the amount.  Then click ''Add another Miscellaneous Item''.   Enter ''nominee income'' with a negative number.   Both items will offset and be reported on Schedule 1 of Form 1040.

DawnC0

• Federal Taxes >>
  • Wages & Income >>
  • Less Common Income >>
  • Miscellaneous Income (last item) >>
  • Other Reportable Income (last item)