Solved: I have a 1099-MISC form. I have added the infor on "Income from Form 1099-MISC and when I go to review, it tells me I need to add schedule C. I am not self employed

I have a 1099-MISC form. I have added the infor on "Income from Form 1099-MISC and when I go to review, it tells me I need to add schedule C. I am not self employed

You do not have to file a Schedule C for this income.  1099-MISC box 3 income is generally reported on line 21 of your 1040 as other income. Generally speaking, self-employment income on form 1099-MISC is reported in Box 7. Go back to the 1099-Misc you entered and make sure the income is being reported in Box 3. Also, make sure you clicked "No it didn't involve work like my main job" and "No it did not involve an intent to earn money"

Please comment if you need additional information about this entry.

What box is the amount in?  Why did you get it?

It's in box 3 on the 1099-Misc form.  I received because I was on maternity leave last year and it was part of my Family medical leave. I didn't receive 100% compensation for my leave through my employer so FMLA kicked in and I was paid from that

Thank you !  That seemed to work!

Great, glad to help.