19randy53

I have a 1099 int. for savings bond redemption.. but in Turbo Tax there is no box 3.. only box 1 how do I enter for box 3

Heather14

To enter the amount listed on Form 1099-INT Box 3 in your tax return, you can follow the steps listed below:

1. Sign in to TurboTax Online, click take me to my return, then pick up where I left off (if you are using TurboTax CD/ Download, then just open your return on your computer);
  2. Click search, top right of screen, then type 1099-INT and hit enter key;
  3. Click the Jump to 1099-INT link in the search results;
  4. Answer Yes when asked if you received any interest income; (If you land on the Interest Income Summary screen instead, click Add or Edit Interest Income.)
  5. On the next screen, you'll be given options to either import or manually type in your 1099-INT. Select I'll type in myself;
  6. Check the box for My form has info in more than just box 1 to enter in your box 3 information. (See attached pic below.)

Heather14