Solved: I have a 1099-g and I am not sure why..it says certain government types, but when I try to file it there is no box b to report.

I have a 1099-g and I am not sure why..it says certain government types, but when I try to file it there is no box b to report.

To enter a state refund just type  1099-G or 1099-g (with the dash)  in the search box at the top of your return and click on Jump To it.

OR  Enter the 1099G under
 Federal on the left side
Wages & Income at the top

Scroll down to  Other Common Income
      You might need click on Show More to expand the section

Then it's the first line for Refunds Received for State/Local Tax Returns - Click Start or Revisit
     You do not want the next line that says Other 1099G Income

On the first screen check YES - Received a State Refund.

A 1099G does not have a box b.  If you have a box b on your screen you are in the wrong place.  What box is the amount in?  1 or 2?  Are you entering it in the right place?  Box 1 is for unemployment and goes in one place AND box 2 is for a state tax refund and goes somewhere else.

there is not a box 1 just a box 2 state income tax refund. So where should I file that?

OR  Enter the 1099G under
 Federal on the left side
Wages & Income at the top

Scroll down to  Other Common Income

See screen shot added above