elmirish

I have 2018 premier installed, and I just ordered 2018 Home and Business from Amazon and it won't let me install it.

I already have 2018 Premier installed, but I needed to also file a Self Employed return for my daughter, so I just paid Amazon for a digital download of the 2018 Business version.  It says it cannot be downloaded unless I uninstall the Premier version, which I don't want to do as I am still working on some returns.  Did I just pay $80 for something I can't use?

More than one of the TurboTax personal editions cannot be installed on the same computer for the same tax year.

You did not need the Home & Business desktop edition.  All the TurboTax desktop editions include the same forms, schedules and worksheet.  You can enter self-employment income and expenses on a Schedule C using the Premier edition.  Or you can upgrade the Premier edition to the Home & Business edition, only paying for the difference in price between the editions.

To upgrade, click on the Upgrade TurboTax link at the bottom right of the desktop program screen.

Or use the Premier edition to complete a Schedule C.  

• Click on Federal Taxes
  • Click on Wages and Income
  • Click on I'll choose what I work on
  • Scroll down to Business Items
  • On Business Income and Expenses (Sch C), click on the start or update button

Enter schedule c in the Find box in the upper right of the program screen.  Click on Jump to schedule c

The Premier edition software will Recommend that you use the Home & Business edition.  This is a recommendation Only and not a requirement.

• Click on Federal Taxes
  • Click on Wages and Income
  • Click on I'll choose what I work on
  • Scroll down to Business Items