maurermiceli1

I have 2 1099 Misc forms from the same school district. One for my wife and one for me. I can't seem to get TT to combine them for reporting. Can someone help me?

Anita01

If you were paid separately, then you cannot combine the income.  Enter it under each of your names.  If you were both self-employed and doing work for  the school district then your return should show 2 separate Schedule Cs, one for each of you.

Anita01

Is this the same income, or did they pay each of you separately.?
maurermiceli1

They paid us separately.
Anita01

maurermiceli1

I understand what you have said and it is what I've doing under each separate ssn and treating them as separate businesses and yet when I get to the summary only one of the 1099's appear.
Anita01

I can't tell where you are seeing this, but summaries are not the best way to see what's happening on your return.  To see your 1040, go to Tools on the left, select view Tax Summary.  When that summary is up, click on previewing your 1040 on the left again.
maurermiceli1

Thanks for your assistance.
Anita01

You're welcome, sorry the summaries can be confusing.
Anita01

If you were paid separately, then you cannot combine the income.  Enter it under each of your names.  If you both self-employed and doing work for  the school district then your return should show 2 separate Schedule Cs, one for each of you.