I had to take time off work for 2 of my kids that ...

I had to take time off work for 2 of my kids that have to do online school why does it only allow me to put 50 days

50 days for what, exactly?  What are you trying to do?

Eligible self-employed workers can get an additional tax credit of up to 67% of their average pay for 50 days of their average pay (capped at $200 a day) if they are unable to work because of the need to care for their child if their school is closed or childcare provider is unavailable because of COVID-19. 

@Bsch4477 Wow--- that one is news to me.....thanks!

Is this for unemployment  or a state situation ?     

Found this ...  https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/special-issues-for-employees

FYI ... much  of the last minute tax law changes have NOT been included in the 2020 program yet and some may take longer than others.  

We need details----this is not something we know about for federal returns unless we are still in the dark about something in the 6000+ page bill  they just passed......

It’s federal and the credit is refundable. Here is a draft of the new form. 
https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-dft/f7202--dft.pdf

@Critter-3 Whew--- so it will end up going in as sick leave for the self employed?    Another of the many reasons I wish no one could e-file yet......We are going to end up with so many people needing to amend later.....

Once the IRS removes the draft status on a new form it can take 2 to 8 weeks for the program to be updated ... another reason to not be in a rush to file this year.

I have an online update class this week that will cover all the changes made the last week in December ... I can't wait to learn all the nuances in that bill.  Another good reason we don't file any return until February at best at my company especially when there is so much that came in late late.  

Wonder when the amended returns will be available (chart says 2/15 but subject to change)  and when they can be efiled this year ???