I had to mail in my taxes and i never sent in the ...

mkurtz0614

I had to mail in my taxes and i never sent in the w-2 with it will they still approve my taxes or do i have to refile

Wait and see if the IRS requests the W-2 from you.  Do not do anything yet---except hang on to your W-2---they might ask you for it.  And you are supposed to keep a copy for yourself anyhow.

ToddL99

From @macuser_22

Don't do anything - just wait.  If the IRS wants the W-2's they will send a letter asking for them with directions on how and where to send them.  They have a special form they send you for that.

mkurtz0614

thank you so much they have not told me anything about my taxes yet.

ToddL99

Then be patient. The IRS is behind in almost everything they have to do during tax season and paper-filed returns take the longest time for them to process.

If you filed your 2020 taxes and haven't received your refund, your experience is very common -  the IRS is encountering major delays in processing 2020 tax returns, and is almost impossible to reach by phone. 

The IRS Where’s My Refund? site is still the best first place to go for information. 

Why is this happening? Tax season (normally Jan 1 - Apr 15) is the busiest time of the year for the IRS. This year, they have also had to deal with major changes in the tax law, including ones that were passed retroactively in the past two weeks. They are also struggling with the same COVID workplace and workforce issues the rest of the country has encountered. 

See the following article for additional information on Where is my damn IRS tax refund?

@mkurtz0614