jmatthe9

I had short term disability pay this year from a 3rd party (not my employer)... where do i enter that?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Hal_Al

If it is taxable and to be entered anywhere, you will receive either a form W-2  (with an amount in box 1) or 1099-R.

Some short term disability pay is usually tax free. If you do not  get a form, yours is tax free and is not entered. 

The rule is: if you paid the premium, with after tax money, the sick pay benefit is tax free. If your employer paid the premium (as in most cases) or you paid the premium with pre-tax money, the benefit is taxable.

Hal_Al