sarahbentley9

I had a very small home bakery for 9 months in 2017 (now closed down). It was just me and i got paid in cash. I paid sales tax quarterly but where do i declare my income?

Coleen3

Assuming you did not open a corporation, on Schedule C Profit or Loss from Business. Record your earnings and expenses to determine your profit. 

Here's how:

• Click on Federal Taxes on the top row of TurboTax Self Employed Online.
  • Click Wages & Income
  • Under All Income, click Show all income
  • Scroll to Self-Employment, click Start
  • Click Yes to Did you have any self-employment income or expenses?
  • Enter any income from sales or services that weren't reported on Forms 1099-MISC

Coleen3

Here's how:

• Click Wages & Income

sarahbentley9

I don't have a 1099-misc. Is this something i should receive from the government? It was just me selling cakes for cash. Do i need to create my own 1099-misc?
Coleen3

No. Not everyone receives a 1099-MIsc. You would not issue one to yourself.
sarahbentley9

Thank you so much!
Coleen3

my pleasure