kgerstner

I had a refund of over 6k, deleted a dependent (refund dropped), then added the dependent back in and refund only 4k, when the info is back to original so expected 6k

I went to dependent form, removed.  Checked impact.  Added back and 30% of refund disappeared.  Strange TurboTax behavior

RichardG

It's likely you were receiving one or more tax credits for having the dependent on your tax return.  When you deleted the dependent, you lost the tax credit.  To reclaim the credit, you need to update the tax credit interviews.  Please go to Federal Taxes>Deductions & Credits>You and Your Family and repeat the interviews in that section of TurboTax.

RichardG