drlindabaggett

I had a NOL for tax year 2018. I thought I remembered that I would be able to carry this loss forward to tax year 2019. How do I figure this out within TT?

tagteam

You have to manually calculate your NOL for 2018 and then enter that NOL into the 2019 program.

TurboTax does not support calculating an NOL and does not carry forward an NOL (or negative AGI).

burgyathome

I have calculated the NOL. It shows up in the worksheet but not on the tax form. Please advise.

tagteam

Which version of TurboTax are you using? You need to enter the NOL into the program (see screenshot).

nol.png

burgyathome

My screen does not look like that. I am using Desktop version of Premier for Windows.

While inside the software and working on your return, type nol carryforward in the Search at the top of the screen (you may see a magnifying glass there).  There will be a popup that says Jump to nol carryforward.  Select that link.

tagteam

@burgyathome Do you have a section in your version that reads "Less Common Business Situations"? If so, expand that section and see if there is an NOL entry line.

Jed1

You have to manually enter in the "other Income" section as a negative number. and attach a written statement showing the calculation used to come up with the amount.

KrisD15

@burgyathome 

Desktop has a search box and if you type    nol   it will give you a jump link to the screen you need.