btyack

I had a child born in January 2016 who passed away 2 weeks later, but never left the hospital. Can I claim her as a dependent?

Yes.  Assuming you do not have a SSN for her, you will need to print your return and mail it in.  Write "died" and the date next to her name, and attach a copy of her birth certificate, death certificate, or other medical records that will show she was alive at some time in 2016.

You may need to use a fake SSN to complete certain parts of the interview.  Try using your own SSN but with "9999" as the last 4 digits, and then use some white-out to cover it up on the printed copy before you mail it in.  

I'm sorry for your loss.

I'm sorry for your loss.