montydillon2019

I had 2 jobs and i had one W-2 from one of those jobs and i filed it and forgot to file the other one with it this is my first time filing so What do i do??

Navarrob11

You should have filed them together but since you forgot to add one of ur w2s ur earnings are incorrect, now as soon as u get ur other w2 what u are going to want to do is amend the this one u just filed

mesquitebean

@montydillon2019 

Sorry that happened to you.   You have to report ALL your income on the same return.    If you actually transmitted the return, you won't know how to correct this until you hear back from the IRS about whether they accept or reject your original filing.

The IRS will start processing efiled returns on January 27 (except for a few they pull early for testing purposes.)

Once you hear if your efiled return was accepted or rejected, you'll know how to proceed.   You should hope that it is rejected, since that is the easiest to fix.    If the return is rejected, you can just make the corrections and resubmit the efile.

If the IRS accepts your filed return, however, then that will be a chore.  If accepted, the only way to correct it is with an amended return Form 1040X.  The procedure for amending a 2019 return will not be available in TurboTax until early February.

NOTE:  In the meantime, while you are waiting to hear your accepted/rejected results from the IRS, do NOT make any changes in the return you filed.   If you end up needing to amend it, it has to start off exactly like it was when it was originally filed.