Lucky1

I got supplemental bonus for travel and 40% tax was withheld. My W2 doesn't show the supplemental income or taxes withheld. Do employer provide this in W2 or any form?

I received my supplemental bonus as air tickets for travel to my home country. My 40% taxes were withheld. Now I received my W2 which doesn't include my supplemental income or 40% taxes withheld. Do employer provide this information in W2 or any other form? Also wanted to know if the taxes are 40% for supplemental income?

TaxGuyBill

The 'bonus' and the withheld taxes are required to be added to your W-2.

If it is not included on your W-2, you need to discuss it with your employer to have them send you a corrected W-2.

TaxGuyBill

Lucky1

How about the tax percent on supplemental income. Is it 40%?
TaxGuyBill

The amount your employer withheld can vary, but on your actual tax return, it is taxed at your regular tax rate.

So if you are in the 25% tax bracket, it would be taxed at 25%.  However, it is also subject to State taxes (whatever your State tax rate is) and your employer already withheld the Social Security and Medicare taxes (up to 7.65% total).