ganvin2

I got relocated back to my home country and no longer have a valid US address. Can I request UPS to forward my IP PIN to my friend's address [A Valid US address].

Am I allowed to forward IRS mail to my Friend's address? Since I no longer have a valid US address.

File a form 8822 to report the address change so the IP PIN will be mailed directly to you ...

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8822.pdf

ganvin2

Its mentioned that it will take around 4 - 6 weeks to update the address. I am not sure my address will get updated before they send out the IP pin.

Well you don't have much choice at this point ... your other option is to put in a forwarding address with the post office.
ganvin2

Thanks for your response.