- Step 1: Check your email
- Step 2: Search for a solution
- Step 3: Open and fix your return
- Step 4: Re-file your return
The IRS uses your prior year AGI to combat fraud.
You can request a transcript of your 2018 tax return from the IRS to ensure you have the right number. You can request your transcript online at the following link: Get Transcript
Check these items as well to ensure you have the correct number. If you:
- Filed late last year after mid-November or your return was processed after that time—try entering 0.
- Amended your return last year—make sure you’re using the AGI from your original return, not the amended one. (If you only have a 1040X form, it’s on line 1, column A).
- Rounded your AGI to the nearest dollar—be sure to round up when it’s 50 cents or more and down when it’s 49 cents or less.
- Filed with your spouse last year—you and your spouse have the same 2018 AGI. (Don’t split the AGI amount or enter 0 for one of you).
Unfortunately, without the correct number, your only option would be to print and mail in your return.
This article will give you instruction on how to print and mail your return.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
$0 is the amount they rejected. I think it might be because I didn’t click the “first time using this SSN” bc I wasn’t sure if they meant in general or for taxes? I’ve been trying to find an edit for that particular option, but to no avail :( This is my first time filing on my own
on a side note, I own and drive a Volvo so I dig your username! ♥️
Thanks hun, I already did majority of your wonderful answers. See I was an at-home mom, unmarried, etc etc for 10 yrs. I literally have never filed my own taxes and am single/divorced.
I called the IRS and have a transcript on the way just to see bc it piqued my interest...like wtf?!? 🙂 So I’ll wait and see what that says.
If I do just mail it in, is there a good probability of it being rejected again w/o and AGI? I don’t want to be waiting 6-8 weeks to just get that crap again! Or is it just a no-brainer-type go ahead bc it’s been mailed?
can you help me find agi 2018
To access your current or prior year tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/
Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show. Click on the Year and Click on View adjusted gross income (AGI)
Or go to this IRS website for free federal tax return transcripts - https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript
If your tax return continues to be rejected with the 2018 AGI then enter a 0 (zero) for the AGI and e-file again.
If this is also rejected then you will have to print and mail the tax return.
See this TurboTax support FAQ for printing a tax return for mailing - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/printing/help/how-do-i-print-and-mail-my-return-in-turbotax-online...