I got married last year, I filed jointly on TurboTax. Does my wife need to do anything? Is my return only for my W2 and income and she needs to file her own joint tax on a separate TurboTax account?

Alumni

When you file as married filing jointly, you file only one tax return for the both of you and that one tax return must contain the income and deductions for both of you. You can not each file a joint return - that will not work at all. You must both agree to file a joint return for it to be legal. If you have already filed such a return without your wife's information, then you need to prepare an amended return to add her information.