Solved: I got an email that I needed to fix my returns. I didn't put that I was claiming my kids,but it says I have them as dependents. How do I change this properly?

brandonford012

I got an email that I needed to fix my returns. I didn't put that I was claiming my kids,but it says I have them as dependents. How do I change this properly?

TanyaS

f you are still working on your return, to remove a dependent from your return go to the "Personal Info" tab > click on edit under the dependent section, then you can delete the dependent on the next screen. 

If you have already filed the return, to remove a dependent or to make any other changes to an already filed return, you must amend the return. 

TanyaS