• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
al-bufkin

I got an e-mail tellingh me that "your 2016 tax return was accessed" what does this mean to me

do I need to do anything at this time
11 Replies
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

I got an e-mail tellingh me that "your 2016 tax return was accessed" what does this mean to me

@al.bufkin Has this question been resolved for you?  Did you email actually say "accessed", or did it say, "accepted"?
*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***
d-dominguez17

Dose accessed mean I got approved
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

@d.dominguez17 No.  What message, exactly, did you receive from TurboTax?
*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***
moca11051982

I received the same message multiple times saying my 2016 tax return was accessed. No my return is being held?
d-dominguez17

My 2016 taxs are accessed what dose it mean
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

@d.dominguez17 and @moca11051982 I'm not sure that this is a legitimate email from TurboTax.  Sometimes they will notify you if you your account was accessed from a location other than your typical location.  Do not click on any links from within those emails, just in case they are phishing scams.  Use the information below (use the "contact us" info) to get in touch with TurboTax to investigate.
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1900655-what-to-do-if-you-suspect-tax-related-identity-theft">http...>
dhouse_1971

It got the same thing! No need to worry! That just means I viewed my turbo account from another location (work) & printed my forms for my records.  IF you DID not do this, then you have to call the 800 number they give you with that email.
scoffman2016

It simply means you, or s9omeone, logged into your TT account and viewed or printed your return.

andreanoelbeard

It means that you will get your return soon.
brittanydiaz123
Returning Member

Wat does access Ed mean

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

@brittanydiaz123

Can you clarify the question?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v