govizlora

I got a 1099-MISC for my previous work in another state. Which state shall I report tax to?

Last year, I worked in PA and the company is in PA. After my work is done, I moved to my current state. This year, I received a 1099-MISC for my work in PA, and the receipt address on it is my current state. Which state should I report that income to?

CarolynM

Pennsylvania. 

Although you received the 1099-MISC after you moved, the work was done in Pennsylvania.

You do not owe taxes in your new state on this income because it was earned before you became a resident. 

CarolynM

Pennsylvania.