rlselectric1

I got a 1099-INT with interest income listed. But, we have it set to automatically roll over into the next year. We have not cashed it out. Do I still claim this as $$?

If the interest earned is outside of a tax deferred retirement account then the interest is taxable income and has to be reported on your tax return.

Mike9241

many securities including CDs. most treasury obligations and other types of interest-bearing securities require that interest be reported annually even if not cash in and also when rolled over into another security.  E-bonds and I-bonds allow deferral of interest until they mature or are cashed in.