turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I go the message "You have Schedule 1, Additional Income and Adjustments to Income?" Why do i have to upgrade? I don't even make that much!!!!!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
AlanT
Expert Alumni

I go the message "You have Schedule 1, Additional Income and Adjustments to Income?" Why do i have to upgrade? I don't even make that much!!!!!

TurboTax Free Edition (and TurboTax Live Basic) are intended for taxpayers with very simple returns that can fit on the new 1040 form without any schedules.

If we detect that your tax situation requires expanded coverage, like deductions for owning a home or self-employment income, we'll prompt you to upgrade to a version that supports the forms you need so we can maximize your tax deductions and ensure you file an accurate return.

Depending on what your tax situation was last year, you might need to use new tax forms to claim the same deductions, credits, or forms of income. Some of the situations that are now in TurboTax Deluxe and TurboTax Live Deluxe, instead of in Free Edition, include:

Go here for more info on which forms are included in TurboTax Free Edition.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies