chrismorton1031

I forgot my wife’s 1095a for her health insurance and I already e-filed what should I do

MinhT1

You do not need to amend your return.

Please follow the instructions in this TurboTax help topic to file form 1095-A and create form 8962.

chrismorton1031

So in the instructions it says to mail some forms with a letter I received from the IRS but I haven’t received any letter. Do I have to wait for this letter before I can fix this. I filled the proper form out and created the 8962. Do I have to continue through the rest of the TurboTax steps?

ThomasM125

It would be best to wait a few weeks to see if you receive the request from the IRS for the form 8962. You can mail it in by itself, but it may not be a matched to your return properly.

If you don't receive a letter after a few weeks and your tax payment is processed or you have received your refund, you can prepare an amended return in TurboTax to include the form 1095-A information and you can mail that in if there was a change in your tax.