turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I forgot my wife’s 1095a for her health insurance and I already e-filed what should I do

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
MinhT1
Expert Alumni

I forgot my wife’s 1095a for her health insurance and I already e-filed what should I do

You do not need to amend your return.

Please follow the instructions in this TurboTax help topic to file form 1095-A and create form 8962.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

So in the instructions it says to mail some forms with a letter I received from the IRS but I haven’t received any letter. Do I have to wait for this letter before I can fix this. I filled the proper form out and created the 8962. Do I have to continue through the rest of the TurboTax steps?

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

It would be best to wait a few weeks to see if you receive the request from the IRS for the form 8962. You can mail it in by itself, but it may not be a matched to your return properly.

If you don't receive a letter after a few weeks and your tax payment is processed or you have received your refund, you can prepare an amended return in TurboTax to include the form 1095-A information and you can mail that in if there was a change in your tax.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies