turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: I filled my taxes my federal taxes were accepted, but it said null State e-file, what does that mean, I paid 635 in state taxes

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

16 Replies
AmyC
Employee Tax Expert

Tax Year Prior to 2020: I filled my taxes my federal taxes were accepted, but it said null State e-file, what does that mean, I paid 635 in state taxes

State and federal governments are still approving forms. You don't say which state you are in so I am providing a link to all the states. Please choose your state and see if your forms are ready for filing. You may be in a state that has released their final version yet. Once a state releases its final form, Turbo Tax works quickly to incorporate it into the  program.

Click the following link for state form availability.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

If the state I file in is available does it automatically go through then or do I have to do anything to fix the null state e-file status my self

Both of my taxes were excepted for the State if New York. But my New York state tax return says Null State efile what does that mean? Also it says my expected refund is 2/20/2020. How will I be notified on when I will receive it?

Mine says same thing have you found an answear?

Sheree

So does mine 

Unfortunately I haven't found an answer. I'm still searching

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

This could mean that your state has not released all of its final forms, or you are filing a form that is not supported by TurboTax e-filing.  If one of your required forms is not supported by TurboTax, you will need to print the form and mail it with your return.

The following TurboTax FAQ can assist you in checking your state's forms:  State forms availability table for TurboTax indivi ...

oh okay can I refile my state taxes if it says New York state Null state efile

WKins2
Expert Alumni

You will be able to file your state taxes once the forms have been finalized. Once they are finalized, the null or do not file will not be on the forms so you can file. You can check the status of when the forms will be available by clicking here:  https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/state-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-individual-...

I have the same issue

Did you find a answer. I was supposed to get mine 2/09/2020 then they changed it to 2/11/2020 and I filed on the 1/17/20

What does null on my state return mean

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

If you are trying to file your state and receiving this message, this is most likely due to forms for your state not being available for e-file or mail yet.

Please see the TurboTax FAQ's below for more information:

State forms availability table for TurboTax individual (personal) tax products

I was supposed to get my state tax return 2 days ago and I never got it and I'm starting to get impatient 

BarbaraW22
Expert Alumni

You can check the status of your state refund by reviewing the information on this TurboTax Article and selecting the link for your state from the list.

@niambidavia96

Manage cookies