I filled an extension for 2018 taxes but now I have enough money to pay the remainder of my tax bill. Can I do that on my TurboTax account or do I go direct to the IRS?

The IRS site won't let me pay for tax year 2018 and it states that it takes 21 days to process my return. I want to pay now to minimize my interest and penalties. How can I get a payment to apply to my 2018 taxes?

Why won't it let you pay?
21 days refers to processing REFUNDS, not making tax payments.

I don't know. I went to pay and it only let me pay 2017 or before. 2018 was not even offered.

Did you see my screen shot at the top?  What did you pick in the top box?  Maybe you picked the wrong reason.

No I did not see any screenshot.

Scroll up.  Click on the small box in my post.

If I make a payment now before the time it takes the IRS to actually approve it and the installments start, will it apply properly to what I owe? I can pay the entire amount now would like to avoid as much interest & penalties as possible.

Did you get to this page?