turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

branigana

I files in Waco Texas Why didn't the IRS receive my 3 payments I mailed to the address below Internal Revenue PO Box 1300 Charlotte NC xxxxx-xxxx

The Payments were not applied to my account. I mailed the payments to the address populated on my Payment Voucher created by TurboTax. I need to know Who cashed The Money orders ? Please Help Resolve this issue.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I files in Waco Texas Why didn't the IRS receive my 3 payments I mailed to the address below Internal Revenue PO Box 1300 Charlotte NC xxxxx-xxxx

TurboTax never knows how, when or even if you paid your tax due and cannot check on it for you.  Were the checks not cashed?  Your own bank/credit card records are your only proof that you paid your tax due. 

Did you use a mailing service such as certified mail so you would know the envelopes were received?

It is also possible that with the backlog at the IRS due to the pandemic that your IRS account is simply not up to date at this time.

And....you do not say how long ago you mailed your payments.  The IRS is way behind in opening mail.

Per the IRS website IRS Operations During COVID-19: Mission-critical functions continue:

IRS operational status and alternatives

Processing Delays for Paper Tax Returns: Taxpayers should file electronically through their tax preparer, tax software provider, or IRS Free File

We’re experiencing delays in processing paper tax returns due to limited staffing. If you already filed a paper return, we will process it in the order we received it.

Do not file a second tax return or contact the IRS about the status of your return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

There is only 1 voucher to pay the 2019 tax due.  It is a 1040V form.  If you sent in the 3 payments with the 1040ES slips those were not for the tax due.  Those were ESTIMATED payments for NEXT year so you don't end up owing so much again.  So be sure to enter them on your 2020 return next year.

I just checked--the address used was for mailing 1040ES--estimated payment vouchers.  Is that what you thought you were mailing?  Or did you think you were mailing payments for 2019 tax due?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies