I filed with you and included an injured spouse form and was just notified that they took all my portion of the joint overpayment for my spouses debt how can i fix this

andyswarbrick

TomK

According to the IRS instructions for Form 8379 - Injured Spouse Allocation:

Generally, if you file Form 8379 with a joint return on paper, the time needed to process it is about 14 weeks (11 weeks if filed electronically). If you file Form 8379 by itself after a joint return has been processed, the time needed is about 8 weeks.

You may also contact the Taxpayer Advocate Service (1-877-777-4778:( they help people resolve tax problems with the IRS: https://taxpayeradvocate.irs.gov/get-help/injured-spouse