turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed the 8379 from with my taxes. Just received a letter stating that my state refund was used on his owed. Will they adjust it when the 8379 goes through?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
AndreaG

I filed the 8379 from with my taxes. Just received a letter stating that my state refund was used on his owed. Will they adjust it when the 8379 goes through?

It depends on which state tax return you filed. When you file your federal tax return and the injured spouse claim, the claim is for your federal return only. Unfortunately not all states allow you file an injured spouse claim. If your state allows it, then you would have needed to file a separate injured spouse claim for that state. It is possible that you can still file that claim with your state. 

I dont know what state return you are filing, but if you open this FAQ and click on your state, it will open the state's website. Then you can type injured spouse, etc in the search box, to see what type of information you can find regarding whether they accept this claim. https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4801660

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies