scarboroughjoe

I filed my taxes on 1040EZ like always. This year the IRS wants me to send a form 8962, which I'm told is not compatible with form 1040EZ. Will I have to refile?

If turbo tax picks the best form for me, why would the IRS request an incompatible form?

TeresaM

If you received a letter from the IRS asking for a form 8962 , your 1095-A and  even a recomputed page 2 of your 1040 or 1040A, the directions below will walk you through. The Turbo Tax Health Insurance section is also for 1040EZ, even if the letter mentioned only 1040 or 1040A.

Turbo Tax can help you complete a Form 8962 if you have received a letter from the IRS asking for an update.  Be sure to check if the letter references tax year 2016 or 2015. The form should have been generated when you entered your 1095-A into the Health Insurance section of Turbo Tax, but if for some reason it was not entered, these are the step-by-step instructions to add them.

TeresaM