turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed my health ins. wrong but my taxes got rejected anyway. If i correct my health insurance and fix the error will I recieve the right refund or the prexisting?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I filed my health ins. wrong but my taxes got rejected anyway. If i correct my health insurance and fix the error will I recieve the right refund or the prexisting?

When a return is rejected it is not considered filed ... it was never filed to the IRS. So when you fix it and resend it the IRS only sees the return that is accepted not the one they rejected. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

You will get whatever return is Accepted.  Not the Rejected one.

It has the correct amount I'm supposed to recieve now but I'm scared if I file that it'll take the original refund with the wrong health ins. Because the error wasn't due to the ins. It was due to an incorrect ssn. Could I play it safe and delete the rejected return and start over?

It will be ok.  You fixed the Rejected return.  The new one including the right health ins will get sent.

When a return is rejected it is not considered filed ... it was never filed to the IRS. So when you fix it and resend it the IRS only sees the return that is accepted not the one they rejected. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies