lytburford

I filed my federal taxes on 1/10; under the impression that I could return to Turbo Tax once State taxes became available to file on 1/16. It will not transmit my VA tax.

VA forms may not be ready yet.  Or---you cannot e-file a state return until your federal return has been accepted by the IRS.  The IRS is not accepting returns until January 27, so you cannot e-file VA while your federal is still just in pending on the server.

A state tax return cannot be e-filed after the federal tax return has been e-filed until the federal tax return has been accepted by the IRS.

lytburford

@DoninGA @xmasbaby0 Thanks for the replies! I believe it’s because I’ve already filed my Federal return. I’ll just wait to file once my Federal taxes have been approved. Thanks again.

Jessicaar87

Same thing is happening to me. Did yours finally work?

JamesG1

You may not be able to e-file your state tax return until your Federal tax return has been accepted by the IRS.