vmarc88

I filed my 2018 successfully w/ Turbo tax. my return was rejected and i was told i need my "tax return transcript." What does that mean?

GiseleD

Although I don’t know the specific reason your return was rejected, I am approaching this with the assumption that the rejection occurred due to an incorrect prior-year AGI because you mentioned a tax return transcript. The IRS uses the AGI to verify your identity for e-filing.

If this is in fact the reason for rejection, this help article addresses how to get the AGI:

The best place to get last year's AGI is from the 1040 form you filed for 2018. Look on page 2, line 7. If you filed a 1040NR, it'll be on line 35.

If you're having trouble locating your 2018 return, the second-best place to get your AGI is from the IRS. You can order a free transcript of your return at the IRS Get Transcript site or you can purchase a full copy of your 2018 return. Both versions will include your AGI.

If you didn't file a 2018 federal tax return (or you haven't filed one yet), enter 0 as your AGI.

Alternatively, you can file your return on paper via mail.

If the information I discussed above is not the reason for rejection, please respond with the specific rejection text.

mamawteresa1-

I filed with Turbo Tax and was rejected several times. I ordered a transcript from IRS and received it via email. It stated that my AGI is correct for 2018, So I e-filed again and it was still rejected. You need to fix something so i won't keep rejecting. The figure for 2018 AGI is correct as filed. My name is Teresa Smith. Please answer me back and tell me how to fix this. Y'all have done my taxes for 3 years and never any problem. 

AmyC

@mamawteresa1-  Do you live in IL? You get the same reject but it is really for IL.

If you live in IL, you MUST get an IL PIN from the state department.

If you don’t know your Illinois PIN you can:

Please use the following link for a customer support number.