Solved: I filed for a Federal extension and now must file a NYS extension request; however, as my primary residency is CA, I can't figure out how to get to the right screen.

I filed for a Federal extension and now must file a NYS extension request; however, as my primary residency is CA, I can't figure out how to get to the right screen.

Try these steps (you may need to at least have a NY Nonresident or PY resident return in your online account for the first option to work) -

New York extensions can now be filed through TurboTax. (log into online account first and then click link).  The extension gives you until October 15, 2019 to file your New York return.

If you owe additional New York taxes, you'll also need to submit payment by April 15, 2019 to avoid penalties. You can submit payment with your online extension, pay by check, or pay by credit card. Click here for more info.

Alternatively, you can quickly prepare one on the NY website here -