heatherfick

I filed e-filed my federal taxes with Turbo, but now I want to file my state. Can I still do this on Turbo or do I need to print off the taxes and send them?

bluedeb

If your Federal return was accepted, you can e-file your State return. 

How do I e-file my state after I already filed my federal?

Although you can e-file your federal and state taxes together, if you choose to e-file your federal first, you'll have to wait until that return has been accepted before you can e-file your state.

If your federal hasn't been accepted, or you printed and mailed it, you won't be able to e-file your state but you can print and mail a paper return.

Married filers: If you e-filed your federal using the joint married status, but you want to e-file your state returns separately, only one of you will be able to e-file. The other must paper-file their state return.

TurboTax Online

1. Sign in to TurboTax.
  2. Under Your tax returns & documents, select Show, and then select 2019.
  3. Now select Add a state (this reopens your return).
  4. Select State from the left menu (on mobile devices, tap in the upper-left corner to open the menu).
  5. On the Let's get your state taxes done right screen, select Continue and follow the instructions.

TurboTax CD/Download software

With your return open, select the State Taxes tab near the top. This will take you to the state section and you can proceed from there.

bluedeb

TurboTax Online

1. Sign in to TurboTax.

TurboTax CD/Download software

jack101

i   wanted   to   e file  not   do   by   mail

DianeW777

Yes, you can e-file your state return after your federal return has been e-filed and accepted. The link below will provide the details.