turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed an extension with turbotax business, how to file completed form after extension? can I efile completed form?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
KiaraE

I filed an extension with turbotax business, how to file completed form after extension? can I efile completed form?

Yes, you can e-file your completed return. Your extension gives you until October 15, 2018 to file your 2017 federal tax return..

When you're ready to file your return, simply sign in at TurboTax.com or the TurboTax mobile app, select the Take me to my return button, and finish your return. (In the CD/download desktop software, just reopen your return and go from there.)

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Unfortunately, when I filed my extension using TurboTax business, I also e-filed my return with the form 7004.  I misunderstood the program's instructions, which told me that Massachusetts required e-filing of returns.  So I mailed the federal form 7004 to the address the program gave, and I also e-filed both my federal and Massachusetts tax forms with the 7004 attached to both.  Now when I try to e-file my return with the information that I need the extension to wait for, the program tells me I have already e-filed my return.  How do I fix this?
KiaraE

Yes, you can e-file your completed return. Your extension gives you until October 15, 2018 to file your 2017 federal tax return..

When you're ready to file your return, simply sign in at TurboTax.com or the TurboTax mobile app, select the Take me to my return button, and finish your return. (In the CD/download desktop software, just reopen your return and go from there.)

Unfortunately, when I filed my extension using TurboTax business, I also e-filed my return with the form 7004.  I misunderstood the program's instructions, which told me that Massachusetts required e-filing of returns.  So I mailed the federal form 7004 to the address the program gave, and I also e-filed both my federal and Massachusetts tax forms with the 7004 attached to both.  Now when I try to e-file my return with the information that I need the extension to wait for, the program tells me I have already e-filed my return.  How do I fix this?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies