turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed all my information correctly in 2019 and 2020 and yet i'm not getting child tax credit for my daughter who was born in 2019 who i'm claiming.

I just got the first CTC payment and it was only for $250 for my 6yr old son, i have a daughter who is almost 2yrs old who I am not getting CTC $ for. how can i fix this, i dont see an option on the IRS website.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I filed all my information correctly in 2019 and 2020 and yet i'm not getting child tax credit for my daughter who was born in 2019 who i'm claiming.

The option to make a correction is not yet operational  so if you don't get it fixed you will just get the credit on the 2021 return.  

https://www.irs.gov/credits-deductions/advance-child-tax-credit-payments-in-2021

If your older child is 6 by the end of 2021 then $250 is the correct amount for him.   When the IRS portal is fully functional you will be able to enter the information to get the CTC for the younger child --- her amount should be $300 since she will be UNDER 6 at the end of 2021.

https://www.irs.gov/credits-deductions/2021-child-tax-credit-and-advance-child-tax-credit-payments-t...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

A1. For tax year 2021, the Child Tax Credit is increased from $2,000 per qualifying child to:

• $3,600 for children ages 5 and under at the end of 2021; and
  • $3,000 for children ages 6 through 17 at the end of 2021.

Note: The $500 nonrefundable Credit for Other Dependents amount has not changed. For more information about the Credit for Other Dependents, see IRS Publication 972, Child Tax Credit and Credit for Other Dependents PDF.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies