rbunce2729aeoj

I entered the estimated taxes I paid in 2017 to the State of CT on my federal form, and the amount I was about to owe CT went from $460 to a $1770 refund. Is this right?

Do I owe estimated taxes to CT if I'm getting a refund like this?

When you told the program that you had sent in CT estimated payments then it could calculate the refund based on that info ....  until you told it you had pre paid some of the tax bill it didn't know you had a refund yet.... all it knew is the taxes you owed at that point.