turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bwuenstel

I entered the amount my scorp paid for health insurance and medicare on the K-1, but only the medicare amount is showing on line 29 of the 1040 form.

I entered the amounts for both medicare and health premiums paid by the Scorp.  Only the medicare about is showing up.  How do I get it to recognize my premium amount in line 29.  I have more than enough income on the K-1 to cover the premium amount.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I entered the amount my scorp paid for health insurance and medicare on the K-1, but only the medicare amount is showing on line 29 of the 1040 form.

Great, I'm glad you figured it out.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Did you enter the amount as one figure ?

Although it is entered in the K-1 section of TurboTax, the amount of corporate-paid health insurance is added to box 1 of the W-2.  Did you do that?

Do you also have more than enough income in box 5 on the W-2 that you received from the corporation?
bwuenstel

I have over 10x the amount in box 5.  Turbo tax added the insurance premiums to box 1 when I prepared the scorp filing.  But for some reason the home and business will not add the amount to line 29.  Any other thought?
bwuenstel

I figured it out.  I entered box 4 instead of box 5 and so it took the lesser of the 2 amounts.  I"m good now thank you so much for you time and help.

Great, I'm glad you figured it out.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies